Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Genesis

Well, here we are in my new blog. As uninteresting as my life is at this point, I don't know why I am starting a blog except that I was just looking for something to do. I will be updating this site from time to time when something interesting or different happens in my life.

This is our first blessing from God, Taylor Marie Koett (click on photo to enlarge) who lives in Lago Vista, TX, near Austin. Since our son & daughter-in-law Brian and Tracy live in Texas, we don't see Taylor nearly often enough which means she is not being sufficiently spoiled as a little girl should be. I am confident that her parents are doing a good job of spoiling her, but she really needs to have a grandfather's touch on spoiling. There is no substitute.

Taylor is a Colts fan and she and her father wear Colts "Manning" jerseys when there is a Colts game which usually brings them much needed good luck defeating the Patriots, which is a priority here in Indy. If there is a game on TV where the New England Patriots are playing we here in Indianapolis root for whomever is playing the Patriots. The Patriots added more reason for loving them when the head coach left the field before the end of the game at the Super Bowl. Oh well, enough about them.

This is Layla Skye Koett, our second blessing from God. She had kind of a rough start, but she is strong, healthy and a constant sweetie to our family and into everything that is a no-no.

Layla is, by and large, a complete blessing and joy to have around, but being a little female, she has the ability to be other than a blessing at times. In the mean time, there is no other hug as sweet as a little girl and the innocence is as precious as life itself.

We get to care for her on the weekends while Dave works and take her to church with us each Sunday. Then we might go out to eat, just Layla grandma and me. It's fun and we look forward to the weekends.

I guess I will close for now and add some more family pictures on my next entry. May God bless you until then.

No comments: