Thursday, February 7, 2008

My Positive Force

Here's another day in the life of a retired person. The next picture I want to show you is my life partner, Phyllis. She has become a saint in her own lifetime by staying with me for over 38 years now and hasn't killed me yet. This is the reason I refer to her as St. Phyllis from time to time. She and I have been through a multitude of experiences together, both good and bad. She is the positive force in my life. When things aren't going well, she keeps me picked up through it all with her constant positive attitude, a necessity in my case.

In my opinion, Phyllis is still a babe after all these years dealing with a man who just ain't right. She has the patience of Job, but that may have come from raising 3 boys and a husband. She is a devout Christian and is a great influence on everyone who knows her. I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth, just like Lou Gerig. I guess I have gushed enough now about Phyllis, so I'll move on to something else.

This is a picture of my three sons & mom on Christmas Day, 2006. The one in the back row on the left is Kevin, who is 33 years old and works at Ito and Koby Dental Laboratory where he is in the Model Room where they make the plaster casts of your mouth on which they make dentures, partials, flippers and such. He is very maticulous in his work and you know that when he did the work, it is done right. In the middle is the duchess. On the right in the back is our oldest son, Brian who is 36 years old, the father of the little Colts cheerleader above and lives in Lago Vista, TX, which is about 45 miles outside of Austin. He works for a big company that deals with computers. He is now handling a global account and doing very well for himself. Sitting down in front, is our youngest son, David who is 29 years old. He is a mechanic at Big O Tires her in Brownsburg, IN and also works in a liquor store just around the corner 3 days a week. He is the father of little Layla in her Christmas jammies above.

This is Karis, my brother's daughter/my niece. She refers to me as her favorite uncle, but, what would you expect?. Karis completed her college education at Houghton College in Houghton, New York and is now teaching high school in Unalakleet, Alaska. Don't ask me why. This would not be one of my choices for a place to live. I really prefer warm weather. On the rare occasions she visits at our house, it is pretty much a hoot. She is not only a wonderful writer, but a clown at heart. She can be a smart aleck if she wants to be, but I can't imagine where she got that other than maybe it's a Koett thing?

1 comment:

Karis said...

Hey, Uncle J.
Sweet blog. :) But how come I can't see any of your pictures? It's very sad. Anywho, glad to have another way to keep in touch! And by the way, it is TOTALLY a Koett thing. Smart mouthing and sarcasm is pretty much how we communicate with each other... like cavepeople and grunting.
Peace-